excessivehubris: (The Station)
Charles Xavier | Professor X ([personal profile] excessivehubris) wrote in [community profile] abaxcity2012-11-26 11:52 am
NSFW

Video

[When the video clicked on, it showed a room that was slightly dingy in terms of lighting, yet despite the dark, there was a welcoming feel to the space. Give it a moment to focus on the booths, the bar stools and yes, the bar and some people may recognize the area as the Roadhouse.

The Roadhouse, one of the first locations ever established by people dragged into Abax, established and maintained by Ellen Harvelle then by Jo Harvelle when Ellen left, it appeared to be empty now.]


I do not know if anyone else has been living in here, since Jo left the city. I've watched the building for a couple of weeks and have not seen anyone but if that is not the case, please let me know.

Because, I know Ellen would not want her Roadhouse to sit without purpose and with the advent of fresh meat and the changes to Capax, I think it may be time someone offered food, alcohol and the comfort of an establishment like this.

[There was a pause and then a soft, wry chuckle.]

I promise, I won't be the one cooking the food.

With that in mind, what dishes would remind those of us left of home?
wolfteen: (smile sideeye)

[personal profile] wolfteen 2012-11-26 09:36 pm (UTC)(link)
I didn't know there was a restaurant! I'd offer to cook, but I don't think you'd like it very much. Personally, I miss french fries.
wolfteen: (smile little)

[personal profile] wolfteen 2012-11-26 10:11 pm (UTC)(link)
I doubt it. I haven't had anything like that since I got here. It's weird missing things like that, you'd never think that's what it'd be.

I hope you can get it running again, it'd be a good place to go.
wolfteen: (smile)

[personal profile] wolfteen 2012-11-26 10:17 pm (UTC)(link)
I definitely wouldn't say no to that.

[ He smiles. Charles seems like a nice person. ]

What about until then, what's your plan?
wolfteen: (biting nails)

[personal profile] wolfteen 2012-11-27 01:41 am (UTC)(link)
I guess I could help you there. [ He shrugs his shoulders. ] I work in the hospital. I could tell new arrivals when they come, they'd probably be glad of it.

People get kind of freaked out by the morgue thing. I can't blame them, but it'd be good if they had somewhere else to go.

(no subject)

[personal profile] wolfteen - 2012-11-29 03:34 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] wolfteen - 2012-12-01 15:41 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] wolfteen - 2012-12-07 01:32 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] wolfteen - 2012-12-08 02:16 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] wolfteen - 2012-12-11 02:17 (UTC) - Expand
orange_balls: (Bored now thanks.)

action

[personal profile] orange_balls 2012-11-27 04:17 am (UTC)(link)
[Someone is rifling about off screen of Charles' device while he talks to people. He's been in here before, once. Met Charles friend who use to run the place, then again it had been in the middle of a right against the mannequins rushing the whole city, so it had been fleeting.

Still, he remembered a little of this place. Better to get acquainted now, yes?]
orange_balls: (Yeah huh. Sure.)

action

[personal profile] orange_balls 2012-11-27 06:23 pm (UTC)(link)
Should work.

[Burke nods, and he's busy touching things. Odds and ends around the place. But he'll glance back at the telepath and his mouth quirks up just a bit.]

Remind me what's in this for me again, Charlie?

[Sure he enjoyed killing the damn beasts, and the work it took to get them prepared to eat was good work, it kept him busy and the end result of fresh cooked meat was fantastic. But, doing this for the city? That might just be a bit too nice for Burke.]
orange_balls: (Hey there beautiful.)

action

[personal profile] orange_balls 2012-11-28 01:22 am (UTC)(link)
[The Irishman just chuckles low like and turns to face Charles completely now.]

Maybe.

Think seein' the faces ah the citizenry when they realize who's makin' their meals might be worth it. The first time at least.

action

[personal profile] orange_balls - 2012-11-28 04:52 (UTC) - Expand

action

[personal profile] orange_balls - 2012-11-28 05:03 (UTC) - Expand

action

[personal profile] orange_balls - 2012-11-30 01:08 (UTC) - Expand

action

[personal profile] orange_balls - 2012-12-01 03:17 (UTC) - Expand

action

[personal profile] orange_balls - 2012-12-01 05:01 (UTC) - Expand
nerdylilspidey: (did we say we liked it?)

[personal profile] nerdylilspidey 2012-11-27 02:24 pm (UTC)(link)
Pizza. I've found frozen ones around before, but it's not the same as fresh pizza.
nerdylilspidey: (pretty obvious if you think about it)

[personal profile] nerdylilspidey 2012-11-27 06:27 pm (UTC)(link)
If the mall's really changing like I'm hearing, we might find some there.

[He thinks on the answer to that question for a moment, tapping a finger to his chin.]

You mean it doesn't already count as pepperoni?
nerdylilspidey: (lean back and relax for once)

[personal profile] nerdylilspidey 2012-11-29 02:40 pm (UTC)(link)
With any luck, it won't.

[Peter rubs at the back of his neck, shrugging.] Well, another sweep around the mall could probably tell us whether we do or don't... Not- Not that I'm saying we should, since it's, y'know, pretty dangerous in there.

(no subject)

[personal profile] nerdylilspidey - 2012-11-29 19:12 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] nerdylilspidey - 2012-11-29 19:18 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] nerdylilspidey - 2012-11-29 19:50 (UTC) - Expand
holeheart: (hoodlum)

voice;

[personal profile] holeheart 2012-11-27 07:52 pm (UTC)(link)
Katsudon. Man. Some fresh katsudon would hit the spot.
holeheart: (here's lookin at you)

voice;

[personal profile] holeheart 2012-11-27 11:55 pm (UTC)(link)
Oh! Uh. A pork chop that's been pounded thin, fried up crispy, and served over a bowl of rice with eggs and sauce. I like mine with miso or soy sauce.
holeheart: (make one false move I'll take ya down)

voice;

[personal profile] holeheart 2012-11-28 08:31 pm (UTC)(link)
Yeah... We've found eggs before, but they're pretty scarce. [a long suffering sigh...]

voice;

[personal profile] holeheart - 2012-11-28 20:43 (UTC) - Expand

voice;

[personal profile] holeheart - 2012-11-28 21:20 (UTC) - Expand

voice;

[personal profile] holeheart - 2012-11-30 01:20 (UTC) - Expand

voice;

[personal profile] holeheart - 2012-12-01 05:59 (UTC) - Expand

voice;

[personal profile] holeheart - 2012-12-08 01:52 (UTC) - Expand

voice;

[personal profile] holeheart - 2012-12-11 04:58 (UTC) - Expand