ghostygambit: (it's a cloudy day.)
john egbert! ([personal profile] ghostygambit) wrote in [community profile] abaxcity2012-11-19 11:33 pm
NSFW

3: audio

[John's message isn't very long, and he certainly doesn't sound like his usual chipper self.]

Hey, um.

Has anybody seen Dave? He's a rap-obsessed douchenugget and he looks sort of like this. [He sends this picture message out with his call. Truly, John is a master of the arts.] He wasn't in the apartment when we woke up this morning, and I haven't been able to get a hold of him. He won't pick up his phone, that dick.

So. Yeah.

If you see him, let me know.
burn_in_my_light: (Default)

[Video]

[personal profile] burn_in_my_light 2012-11-20 05:29 pm (UTC)(link)
[Cole squints at the picture before he replies.]

Looks...sorta like 'em. Anyway, haven't seen the guy in awhile. He's been gone since ya woke up?
burn_in_my_light: (What's Up?)

[Video]

[personal profile] burn_in_my_light 2012-11-20 06:48 pm (UTC)(link)
[Cole leans back in the chair he's sitting in, too lazy to change off the video function.]

Huh. Have ya checked your phone yet? Look for 'em in the contact listin', if he's not there then he ain't in the city anymore.
burn_in_my_light: (Uhh)

[Video]

[personal profile] burn_in_my_light 2012-11-20 09:59 pm (UTC)(link)
Wait, what?

[That gets Cole's attention.]

He's missin' but still on the contact list? That's a new one...huh. Maybe he can't pick up his phone. Like he doesn't have it or somethin's stoppin' him.
burn_in_my_light: (Default)

[Video]

[personal profile] burn_in_my_light 2012-11-26 07:34 am (UTC)(link)
Yeah. The phones kick 'em off the list if they get sent home.

Then ya find him and kick trouble's ass.
redregrets: (LOOK NOOKSNIFFER)

[video]

[personal profile] redregrets 2012-11-20 09:06 pm (UTC)(link)
[Karkat hasn't quite figured out his cell phone quite yet, so video it is.] I don't see why you're so worried. He's probably just fucked off somewhere to do something incredibly stupid. That is normal Dave behavior. But, if you're really that worried, I could help you look for him. I'm still not entirely sure why you'd want to find him, but there are only so many places he could have gone.
redregrets: (glare)

[video]

[personal profile] redregrets 2012-11-21 06:54 pm (UTC)(link)
Maybe he was being an idiot and forgot to take one. It's not a big deal John. As much as I hate to admit it, Dave can take care of himself, with or without a weapon. And anyway, nothing's even happening here right now. It's boring as shit. How much trouble could he get in to?

Yeah, I guess I'll help you look, even if it is pointless. How the fuck am I supposed to know where I am? I wanted to go explore this god damn place, so at least I knew what I was dealing with, but turns out, everything looks the same here! [He turns the camera towards his surroundings.] There are a lot of hives here, so I'm thinking I'm probably close to Dave's place.
hellionated: (faceeyebrowraise)

video

[personal profile] hellionated 2012-11-20 09:26 pm (UTC)(link)
Oh yeah, that idiot. Rose's brother, the guy who doesn't know what ironic means.

[ SHRUG. ]

Nah, I ain't seen him. Is he gone?
hellionated: (faceannoyed)

audio

[personal profile] hellionated 2012-11-20 10:06 pm (UTC)(link)
[ Julian and Dave are great friends, if Julian being a dick to him counts as friendship. ]

If his number's gone, it means he's home.

If not...you think he's dumb enough to go into Capax by himself?
hellionated: (facefrownhuh)

audio

[personal profile] hellionated 2012-11-26 09:29 pm (UTC)(link)
Something else, then. [ Julian frowns. ] You check the Casino? Or the Museum? Both of those have places you could get stuck. He could’ve gambled something with Byron.

[ And lost, that’s the implication. Byron’s dangerous. Who knows what kind of punishments he’d extract for losing? Julian sure doesn’t – he’s always avoided playing any of Byron’s games for that exact reason. ]
rememberstime: Art by cockhungryprincess (white stature)

[personal profile] rememberstime 2012-11-21 11:22 am (UTC)(link)
From what I know, this isn't the first time he's kind of up and disappeared so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I initially thought you drew him in a dress though.
rememberstime: Art by mallius (fall of a hero)

[personal profile] rememberstime 2012-11-26 03:17 pm (UTC)(link)
He'd figure out a way to respond. That, or he'll come back if he's kicked the bucket. [Dave says this a little too casually. But then again, he did die before.] Death isn't permanent here.

It's not my fault you drew him in a dress.
sarcasticseer: (A moment to see.)

[voice]

[personal profile] sarcasticseer 2012-11-24 03:25 am (UTC)(link)
And here I was thinking I was the only person who had noticed his departure.

[It's strange having other housemates. She's so used to it just being her and Dave.]
sarcasticseer: (A moment of stillness)

[voice]

[personal profile] sarcasticseer 2012-11-26 06:44 am (UTC)(link)
Yes but he tends to wander off at times. And I guess I'm just not used to there being more than the two of us.

I...did, he has not answered. And I put up a network message, he will usually respond to those with some frustrating and not as witty-as-he-thinks message to let me know he's still around.
sarcasticseer: (ABJURE!)

[voice]

[personal profile] sarcasticseer 2012-11-26 07:04 am (UTC)(link)
I have learned not to bet against the stupidity of Striders.

...But probably not.
sarcasticseer: (Carefully assembling.)

[voice]

[personal profile] sarcasticseer 2012-11-26 07:11 am (UTC)(link)
Okay. I-

...Want some company?
sarcasticseer: (Hmm.)

[action]

[personal profile] sarcasticseer 2012-11-26 07:17 am (UTC)(link)
[She doesn't answer, she just goes to find her jacket, and a few minutes later she comes walking outside, her hands stuffed into the pockets of the fluffy purple jacket that she has been hording since the last winter.]
sarcasticseer: (/w John - Darkly Derpable)

[action]

[personal profile] sarcasticseer 2012-11-26 07:51 am (UTC)(link)
[She wasn't expecting that, but it was actually sort of a good thing to hear him make a joke. Maybe he was going to be okay if Dave didn't come back. Not that she would be, but worrying about John was easier than worrying about herself. After a second she just rolled her eyes and smirks.]

You always know just what to say, Egbert.

[And then she glanced over at one of the windows of the apartment building, considering her reflection in the dark glass. Well.]

...At least I'm a warm Furby.
sarcasticseer: (If there were another way...)

[action]

[personal profile] sarcasticseer 2012-11-26 08:28 am (UTC)(link)
It was cold in New York too. [She does smile faintly.] Although the coat I had at home was somewhat more...slimming.

[And then to business, and she sighs.]

I'm not sure. I know he goes to the mall sometimes to clear out the mannequins, but he would have taken his sword. And he just...flies around at times, but he typically tells me first.

[She shakes her head.]

And you're assuming he is still here.
sarcasticseer: (A moment of stillness)

[action]

[personal profile] sarcasticseer 2012-11-26 08:38 am (UTC)(link)
[She watches him bob off the ground like that, and considers saying something but lets it go. What must it be like to have that power so innately part of him? That he just flies without a second thought. With the thorns, flying was easy, but she still had to think about it.]

Then we should check the mall first.

[That was the obvious thing, after all.]

And then the hospital and the clock tower, people seem to gravitate towards those.

[She let his ignoring her pass without comment. If he wanted to be positive, it wasn't exactly her place to shoot him down. It was what made him John, after all.]
Edited 2012-11-26 08:38 (UTC)